Saturday, October 23, 2010

Self exile

For what is worth,
for what is not.

For lingering at the angelic side of yours
For the demonic world telling me you're just a devil.

For I'm just a human.
For we used to be angels.

They said you're shallow,
and I said in this human skin we all are.

For who don't chase after the dream of theirs?
For who's the one that can never let go?

For falling too deep from the broken sky,
The wings that were once given by yr touch,
Can no longer unfurl from this broken heart.

And no longer be attached,
For the path to hell,
Is just a straight way from heaven.

But when the whole world seems deniable,
and the devils crawls around me,
In a human figure there I stand.

They said you're just one of them.
Like Lucifer,the once angel that fallen.

Yet

In this pair of mortal eyes,
The halo that you held was ever,
brighter than the moonlight ray.

For we used to fly,
side by side,
and the heroic tasks that you had once did in the name of love.
Still makes you shine,
even at the brightest sky.

And forgive me,
For not following yr way.

From the extract of time,
It was the moment I held in gasps.

The hidden truth of you,
You showed me what others will never see in you.
And upon belief.
As I used to be an angel,
As I am now merely a human being who pray,

As upon the belief I still have in you.

Without the wings
Without the halo
Without the smile
With the heartbeat you gave to me
Without the heart I gave to you

I am now just a shadow,
that only exists upon the reflection of light.

And yet you're still,
an angel to me.


by

patthegreat

No comments: